Symposium 'What to do if you don't know what to do'
The symposium 'What to do if you don’t know what to do. On dilemmas of educators, chaplains and public officials' will take place at University of Humanistic Studies on Tuesday 30 January 2024 from 9.30 am to 4.15 pm. A symposium to celebrate the honorary doctorate of Prof. Kristján Kristjánsson. Admission is free. Due to the maximum number of participants, please register via the link below.
Keynote by Prof. Kristján Kristjánsson, University of Birmingham
'Aristotelian practical wisdom (Phronesis) as the key to professional ethics in the people professions'
Prof. Kristjánssons new book Phronesis: Retrieving Practical Wisdom in Psychology, Philosophy, and Education (with Blaine J. Fowers) was published in October 2023.
The keynote will be followed by five speakers, representing the width of professions and ethical positions at University of Humanistic Studies in the following order:
- Dr Wouter Sanderse: 'The role of practical wisdom in dealing with moral distress in teaching'
- Dr Carmen Schuhmann: 'Moral injury of (chaplains caring for) veterans'
- Prof. Menno Hurenkamp: 'Passing the buck: how to understand the authority of ordinary citizens'
- Dr Caroline Suransky: 'Why is my curriculum so white? Moral dilemmas and decolonization in higher education'
- Prof. Carlo Leget: 'Moral dilemmas of healthcare professionals: a view from care ethics'
There is ample opportunity for discussion under the leadership of Prof. Doret de Ruyter
|Kromme Nieuwegracht 29, Utrecht
|Toegankelijkheid mensen met een beperking
|Neemt u van tevoren even contact op met de receptie via 030 2390100.