Associate professor of education
The University of Humanistic Studies has a job opening for:
Associate professor of education
with particular attention to meaningful education and humanisation
0,8 fte (= 30,4 hours/week)
The associate professor will be part of a team that is responsible for teaching and research in the area of worldview, moral, political and citizenship education, and (enhancement of) ethical professionalism.
In its research the group focuses on two central research themes of the university, namely humanisation and meanings of life. The following topics will be addressed in the coming years:
1. The relation between worldview, moral, political and citizenship education in schools, and the way in which these subjects contribute to the flourishing of students;
2. The education of students towards adults who want to contribute to a humane society;
3. The flourishing of professionals, their professional wisdom and professional activities in educational practices.
The associate professor is expected to:
· strengthen the empirical research profile of the research group Education;
· publish in (inter)national academic journals and books
· participate in national and international research networks;
· acquire external funding for research in collaboration with other academic institutes and professional organisations;
· contribute to (inter)national societal debates by publishing in professional journals and books, , via social media, contributing to policy reports and by participating in national and international educational policy networks;
· teach in Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD courses;
· supervision of PhD students.
Applicants need have the following qualifications:
· A PhD in Education, or in one of the Social or Behavioural Sciences;
· A good scientific track record of publications of empirical research on themes relevant to the research and teaching profile of the research group;
· Demonstration of successful grant acquisition;
· Extensive teaching and supervision experience at Bachelor's, Master's and PhD levels;
· Strong communicative skills in English and Dutch (if the latter is not the case, it is expected that these are acquired at short notice);
· Experience in leading research projects and teams;
· Successful supervision of PhD students
· Commitment to the research agenda of the University of Humanistic Studies;
· Commitment to the humanist tradition as expressed in the preamble of the Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
We offer a temporary contract for the duration of 2 years. With proven ability and given sufficient financial means of the university, the contract terms will be converted to permanent. The position is classified as Associate Professor level 2 under the Dutch University Job Classification System UFO, salary scale 13 according to Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities, minimum
€ 5.039 to maximum € 6.133 brute per month (fulltime). Commencement of employment is February 1st 2020 (preferably).
For further information, please contact Prof.dr. Doret de Ruyter (D.deRuyter@UvH.nl) or dr. Isolde de Groot (I.deGroot@UvH.nl).
Applications can be submitted by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until November 11th 2019 (referring to vacancy 19-12), together with your curriculum vitae and publication list.
The job interviews are scheduled on November 20th in the morning.
The UvH aims for diversity in her employees.
For information about our university, see www.uvh.nl
 In Nederland: Universitair Hoofddocent; in the UK: Senior Lecturer or Reader.