Open Debate: Ableism in Research and Academia
Everyone dedicated to inclusion & diversity in academia is invited to the Open Debate which is being hosted on the 17th of March at the UvH by Disability Studies in Nederland. Disability rights activists/researchers Fionn and Jonathan Angus (collectively Fionnathan) will be joining us for an open debate on ableism in academia, followed by drinks and music.
13.00 – 13.30: Walk-in entry/coffee
13.30 – 14.00: Talk by Fionn and Jonathan Angus:
- Radical inclusion in Academia
14.00 – 15.00: Open debate:
- How is disability experienced in academic settings?
- How can we work towards radical inclusion in academia?
- Open debate on Ableism in research and academia: how is it experienced, what can we do about it? What’s it like living with a disability in an academic setting?
15.00 onwards: Drinks & end
- Music performance by Fionn and Jonathan
RSVP: mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programme will be accessible via a livestream.
|Contact person||Jane Strugar Kolešnik|
|Location||Universiteit voor Humanistiek, Kromme Nieuwegracht 29, Utrecht|
|Opening hours||13.30 – 15.00, drinks from 15.00 onwards.|
|Accessibility for the disabled||Ja|