Like most websites, the website of the University of Humanistic Studies uses cookies. Dutch regulations require websites to ask for approval the first time the site is visited. More information

Entry visa and residence permit

  • An entry visa (MVV in Dutch) is a sticker in your passport issued by the Dutch Embassy or Consulate in your home country (or the country in which you legally reside) which you may need to enter the Netherlands.
  • A residence permit is a card that shows that you legally reside in the Netherlands.

Whether you need just a residence permit/ a residence permit and an entry visa depends on your nationality:

Not applicable:

EU/EEA Nationals

Residence permit only:


United kingdom
South Korea
United States
Vatican City State

Entry visa and a residence permit:
all other countries

As we only accept exchange students from EU/EEA, we do not offer services to acquire an entry visa or residence permit. For more information, please contact the International office.