The University for Humanistic Studies realized:
- on the occasion of the Dies 2021 a seminar on the theme of Diversity & Inclusion, with workshops on themes such as Intersectionality as Critical Methodology and The Mixed-Classroom Approach;
- several workshops focusing on gender diversity embedded by the special chair of Disability Studies and Comenius project "Woke and Resistance," and hosted a guest professorship around "Black Humanism" by American professor Prof. A. Pinn;
- leadership training for executives where gender issues are addressed; also, the HR advisor attended a course on 'Inclusive Recruitment';
- consultation with partner university in the field of neuro-divergence; and
- consultation with student advisors on specific issues concerning first-generation students.
Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
The University for Humanistic Studies fully adheres to the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity. This Code has been in force since October 2018. It also includes:
- The Scientific Integrity Committee
- A confidential advisor and complaints procedure
Since September 2022, the University of Humanistic Studies has had a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Steering Committee. This steering committee develops policy proposals for the Executive Board.
- The UHS employment conditions selection model enables employees to make choices that fit both their work and life situation. By surrendering or buying additional hours of leave, an appropriate workload can be achieved in different phases of life.
- The UHS offers parents and carers various leave options: maternity leave, birth leave/parental leave, parental leave and (short-term) care leave. In addition, for special personal circumstances there are possibilities for extraordinary leave or unpaid leave.
See also the University for Humanistic Studies regulations and CAO-NU.
The University for Humanistic Studies believes that the workload must be and remain manageable for everyone. To this end, regular progress meetings are held between employees and managers. In addition, there are sports facilities with a discount, the vitality pact and contacts for personal coaching and guidance.
Research integrity, work-life balance and a Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group are some of our initiatives regarding gender equality.