Application and registration
The UvH Graduate School offers a PhD programme to those researchers and professionals, who want to focus on the meaning and further in-depth exploration of their profession. Current students have a professional background in care, education, social work or non-profit organisations. Some of them work as managers of profit or non-profit organisations, consultants or HRM professionals.
All candidates have to be in possession of a MA or Drs degree, the Dutch HBO Master included. We also expect candidates to have some research and writing experience in the last 2 to 5 years. Please note that PhD students will have to publish at least two articles in an international peer reviewed journal. Many PhD theses will consist of a collection of academic peer-reviewed articles.
The candidates must be able to spend at least two full days (16 hours) a week on their PhD research.
The assessment procedure for the academic year 2017-2018 is now open.
The deadline for applications is 1/04/2017, 14.00 (Dutch time zone).
The assessment procedure consists of the following steps:
1. You will send the Application Form and all document that are required to email@example.com The list of the documents you will find on the first page of the Application Form (use this link to download the document). Please send all the documents as one PDF file.
2. We shall check your diploma's. Please notice: the verification of the international diploma's may take up to 6 weeks.
3. If your documents are in order you will receive the time schedule for the next steps of the assessment procedure. Be aware: at some point of the assessment you will be asked to write down a project idea concerning the topic you want to investigate in your PhD. You will receive the format for the project idea from the UvH. You will also be asked to make an online English proficiency test. More information about the test will be sent to you during the assessment procedure.
4. The supervisors of the topic that you have chosen will inform you whether they want to invite you for an interview.
5. You wil be informed about the results of the assessment procedure before the 1/06/2017.
Here is the link to the available PhD topics for the cohort 2017-2018.
The next cohort will be starting at the end of August 2017.
You can contact the Graduate School by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org